This has been one of my favorite meal prep lunches by far! It’s simple, quick to make, tastes great, and packs an awesome protein punch (perfect for those breaking fast with intermittent fasting!). Another great feature is that this lunch is cold, which is essential for those without access to a microwave to warm their food (a.k.a. My hubby). He spends most of his day in his car, so meal prepping for lunch can sometimes be tricky.
Ingredients (amounts for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds of grilled chicken breast
- 8 oz. of uncooked orzo
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley (fresh tastes best, but dried can be used too, just convert amount to 1 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (I prefer this to olive oil and EVOO for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup of Feta crumbles
- 1/3 cup of Kalamata olives (I personally use black olives)
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook your chicken breast. I usually forego this step by buying the Oscar Meyer Carving Board chicken breast packages. It takes 2 packages to make 4 servings. If you opt to cook your own, once cooked, slice the chicken into thin strips or cubes.
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Macros: (approximate for 1 serving = 1 cup of salad + 6 oz of chicken breast)
489 calories, 49g of Protein, 46g of carbs, 12g of fat, 2g of fiber, 2g of sugar
Source: FitMenCook, March 9, 2016